We have had a great year! I can't believe it has been almost a year since I have posted anything. We have been very busy. The second the girls got out of school for the summer our adventures started and I don't think we have really stopped! :)
The summer started out with Sarah and Hannah going to Girls Camp in Anna. They were home for 1 week and we all loaded up in the van for our Gormley 12 State Tour! We had such an amazing trip. I was a little nervous for the fact that we had no hotel reservations or any plans set in stone. We knew the route we wanted to take, but that was it! We visited Oklahoma, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and back to Texas. We were gone for 10 days and visited 9 National Parks and Temple Square. We drove just a little over 4,500 miles!
Once we were home, C loaded up his truck and went to Boy Scout Camp. A week after C got home from camp, the girls and I loaded up the van and off we went to Ohio for a week. We loved being able to visit the Nucci's. Sarah was lucky to tag along with Sabrina's Youth Conference. They visited Kirkland, Ohio and Palmayra, New York. On the way home from Ohio we took a small detour and visited the Grand Ole Opry. The girls had no clue what it was. They looked at me funny, trying to explain to them what Hee Haw was. hehehe
We weren't home but for a few days, when I boarded a plane to Orlando. I had the wonderful opportunity to attend Tupperware's Jubilee. What a great time I had! I can't wait to go back in 2010! Shortly after being home from Jubilee, school started.
In September C helped train another batch of Boy Scout Leaders. In October, I had the privilege to attend Wood Badge. I had a great time and learned a lot! The first weekend it rained and rained. At times, I thought my tent was going to be blown away. :) The second weekend was a little wet. Instead of it being really wet, like the first weekend, it was extremley COLD! I am definatly not a cold weather camper.
November kept us busy with more boy scout stuff. C did some traveling for work. We also have been busy working on Mountain Men items for Mountain Men Rendeaux. Which he is currently at today. I love the fact that he is always so willing to help out the young men in getting their eagles and helping them become better young men. It's kind of funny that we have 4 girls and no boys, yet we are both involved in the Boy Scout program. C has always said that we are training young men to be the type of husbands and fathers we want for our daughters to marry.
The girls are staying busy with school activities. Sarah is now a Sophmore and is taking swimming in school. She is also on the Newspaper staff. She has a great talent for writing!
Hannah is in the 8th grade. She is involved in the band playing her flute. Hannah is seriously thinking about continuing on with band in high school.
Georgah is in the 5th grade. Georgah has such a great personalitly. She is on the Yearbook staff and is involved in the school science club.
Rebekah is in the 3rd grade. She was baptized this year. It is such a great feeling to have all of your children baptized. Rebekah is involved with her school running club and book club.
We truly have been blessed this year!
4 comments:
I am too used to facebook, I spent several minutes trying to find the "like" button. =) Even though I know what you guys have been up to, it was still fun to read! Sure do miss you guys!!
I agree. I am too used to facebook. I have thought about just doing an status update on the blog. hehehe
We miss you guys, too. The holidays just aren't the same without the Wallaces and Nuccis.:(
We are thinking about getting turtles again. The girls asked if we were going to name the Wallace II and Nucci II! hehehe :)
Thanks Stephanie for the update on your blog! I loved the slide show!
Welcome back to the blogger world! You have been missed! :)
Post a Comment