This past Monday we took the advice from President Hansen to be a journal writing people. We talked a little about the importance of keeping a journal. After talking to the girls, or should I say trying to talk to the girls, we made new journals for everyone. I thought this would be a quick and easy FHE. Boy, was I wrong!! What I thought would only take about 30 minutes, it took more like 1 1/2 hours!




We had a great time being creative and wondering when some people would stop putting stuff on their journals. It's so hard to know when to stop, especially when ALL scrapbook stuff was up for grabs! After we finished our journals, we went to Dairy Queen for blizzards, dipped cones, brownie sundaes, and peanut buster parfaits! What a great evening!!
The question was asked from the girls whose journal is the best?? I couldn't answer!
4 comments:
The journals are so cute!!! I love making them the possibilities are endless!! I found a journal that I had written when I was in 5th grade. I was sharing some of the entries with Taylor and we were cracking up. It is fun to read and remember things about our past that we may forget about otherwise :)
What a great idea! I know a family that has "journal time" every Sunday. I think we might start doing that, too. The hardest part is going to be sticking to it...
Who would of thought. I look at pictures of your girls and want to fall over. They are soooo grown up. YIKES! Could that mean we are getting old? NEVER!!!!:)
Cute family project. I love it.
Post a Comment